Friday, April 23, 2021

Baby Wipes...for more than just babies!

In my all about me page, I talk about my investigation into Stampin' Up! and how their techniques totally intrigued me.  There is consistently a new one to tackle and it makes this adventure so much fun!

This week I learned about the Baby Wipe Technique.

You need two baby wipes, folded in half, laid down side by side, yet slightly on top of each other.  Then you take three colors of your ink refills.  Three colors that you think will go well together.  Once you have those decided and your baby wipes in place you squeeze a little bit of each of those colors around the baby wipe until all the dotted areas have run together.  It will look like one black blob.

Taking a stamp of your choice you will ink your stamp with what is on your baby wipe and stamp your card.  Your image takes on a whole new look! Here are some pictures to show you what the final project can look like.  If you click on the pictures, you can get a larger image to see more of the detail.

                                             

 The first card, I used the colors, Shaded Spruce, Daffodil Delight and Real Red.  I stamped five flowers and the sentiment.  The colors all showed up on each image, yet depending upon where on the baby wipe I inked my stamp, determined the results of the combined colors. The base of the card is Misty Moonlight.


The second card, I used the colors Pool Party, Bermuda Bay and Fresh Freesia.  I made a bigger spot of color on the baby wipes because the stamp that I used was a large one with various sizes of butterflies on it, so I needed to be sure it all got covered.  After I stamped the image, I cut the butterflies out with our dies from the Butterfly Bouquet bundle. The results were totally different from the first card.  This time not all the detail of each butterfly was exposed.  I think because the stamp was large enough that it was a challenge to get it inked properly.  However, I thought the results made them look very delicate and pretty.  When I put the card together, I fell in love with the softness of all the colors. The base of the card is our new Polished Pink.  Hand-Penned DSP was used for the layer. This card became my favorite of the baby wipe technique. 
 

Would you be interested in seeing how it's done?  Comment below if you would like to see a video of this technique.  If there is interest, I'll make it happen!  



1 comment:

  1. That's so pretty! I really love the butterflies; they look almost watercolor.

    Thanks for leaving your card for me. I'm definitely bookmarking to come back.

    ReplyDelete

Packing Tape Technique

 I'm always looking for a variety of techniques to share with you and I recently learned of one through a team member.  All you need is ...