Sunday, July 24, 2022

3 - Quick Watercolor Techniques

This month has been dubbed as World Watercolor Month.  It's been a crazy month for me with work and all, and I'm finally getting around to doing some watercoloring.  I've never done this type of creative stamping before, and to my surprise there are many ways of doing it! It's been fun learning and trying each one! My team has been challenged to make cards with many of these. Today and the rest of this week, I am going to show you nine different watercolor techniques.  Enjoy!

For each project you will need:

  • Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper or
  • Shimmery White Paper
  • Aqua Painters
  • A small dish of water
  • Paper Towel
  • Grid Paper
  • Inks of your choice



No Line Watercoloring

With a neutral color, you will want to stamp an image on your paper. I used Crumb Cake in my example. I used the Daffodil Daydream Stamp Set.   Choose your color and squeeze both sides of your ink pad to get some ink on the inside cover.  I used Pumpkin Pie, So Saffron and Garden Green. Take your aqua painter and dip it into the ink on the inside of the lid of your ink pad.  Then begin to color your image.  The more detailed your image is, the longer it will take you to complete your project.  So, if you like to color, you're going to love this technique!


Watercolor Wash

This technique is probably the easiest.  It just creates a great background for an image that you want to add to your card.  There are three steps.  

  1. Choose the colors you want to use. 
  2. Wet your paper.
  3. Add your color.
Again, you will need to squeeze the sides of your ink pads together to get the ink that you will need.
I used Petal Pink, Polished Pink and Fresh Freesia.  If you get too much water on the card, the paper will begin to curl.  Just let it dry really well and you will be able to work with it.




Stamp & Blend

In this technique, you stamp your image(s) with the color ink pads you wish to use and with your watercolor painter you blend the details of your image together.  Simple, fun and beautiful!  I used the stamps set Flowers of Friendship and my inks were Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, Pacific Point, Granny Apple Green and Gorgeous Grape.  I started out adding Bermuda Bay as stated in my video, but I later chose to use that color cardstock to complete my final card.






Check out my video to see how all of these are made.

I would love to be your demonstrator! Go to my shop for any of the following products.


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Packing Tape Technique

 I'm always looking for a variety of techniques to share with you and I recently learned of one through a team member.  All you need is ...