Saturday, August 27, 2022

Team Challenge -- Color Combination Challenge

 


This month, I have been creating cards with my team.  The theme was Fall and we were creative in all that we shared.  We had to make a Baker's Dozen (thirteen cards) to include two blog hops.  One was with our Sketch Inspiration, and the other is this, our Color Combo Inspiration!

Today several of us are showing our cards that we made with the colors, Merry Merlot, Cajun Craze, Rich Razzleberry, and Crumb Cake.



  • Card base:  8-1/2" x 5-1/2", scored at 4-1/4"Merry Merlot
  • Inside Layer 5-1/4" x 4" Basic White
  • Blessings of Home Bundle Stamp Set
  • Cottage Rose Stamp Set
  • Happiness Abounds Stamp Set
  • Stylish Shapes Dies
  • Watercolor pencils: specifically Cajun Craze and Rich Razzleberry were used
  • Crumb Cake Blending Pens; both light and dark
  • Embellishments:  Natural Finish 7/8" ribbon
  • Crumb Cake Ink Pad
  • Brushed Metallic Adhesive Dots 

Other Tools:

  • Stampin' Snips
  • Take Your Pick Tool
  • Stampin' Seal
  • Stampin' Dimensionals
  • Wink of Stella
I stamped an image from the Blessings of Home stamp set, in Crumb Cake.  I colored it with Watercolor Pencils and Blending Pens. Then I cut it out with the Flowers of Home Dies.  

I stamped the happy birthday from the Happiness Abounds stamp set, in Rich Razzleberry. I used the Stylish Shapes Dies to cut that out.

I cut approximately 15" of the Natural Finish Ribbon and stamped a leaf pattern from the Cottage Rose Stamp Set, in Crumb Cake.

Using Stampin' Seal I adhered the inside layer.  I then adhered the ribbon around the card, tying it on the side of the card.

Using Stampin' Dimensionals I placed the cutout image of the flowers and then the sentiment on top of that.

 After adding the Brushed Metallic Adhesive Dots, I took out my Wink of Stella to add a shimmery look.


Be sure to check out more Stamping with the STARS inspiration (#DOswts393):
1. Dawn Olchefske  
2. Shari Braun  
3. Susan Burch  
4. Robyn Rasset  
5. Jill A Hamlett  
6. Rachael Kent  
7. Cathy Peck  




3 comments:

  1. Nice job coloring with the colored pencils. Cottage Rose is as beautiful set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you stamped the leaves on the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea to stamp on the ribbon! Thanks for participating in the DOstamperSTARS #DOswts393.

    ReplyDelete

Packing Tape Technique

 I'm always looking for a variety of techniques to share with you and I recently learned of one through a team member.  All you need is ...