Sunday, December 11, 2022

Baby's First Birthday Card

Do you know someone who will be celebrating their first birthday?  Then this card is for you!




Here's what you will need:
  • Base card: 8-1/2 x 5-1/2 Soft Seafoam Cardstock
  • Top Layer: 4 x 5-1/4 Soft Seafoam Cardstock
  • One scrap piece of each: Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Tahitian Tide, Highland Heather
  • (3) Scraps of Basic White Cardstock
  • Elephant Parade Stamp Set
  • Alphabet Bundle (Stamps set and punch)
  • Paper Snips
  • Bone Folder
  • Stampin Dimensionals
  • Paper Trimmer

This card involved a few pieces to color.  These are the ink pads and blending pens that I used:
  • Soft Seafoam Classic Stamp Pad
  • Tuxedo Black Memento Stamp Pad
  • Real Red Blends Combo Pack
  • Smoky Slate Blends Combo Pack
  • Petal Pink Blends Combo Pack
  • Shaded Spruce Blends Combo Pack
  • Parakeet Party Blends Combo Pack

Step One: Using my scraps I stamped the balloon, the leaf, and an elephant image from the Elephant Parade Stamp Set.  

Step Two: I punched out 8 of the shape found on the punch, two of each of the colored scraps.
Step Three: I stamped the layer with the star stamp, in soft seafoam, creating a light background pattern

Step Four: I colored the elephant using the smoky slate and the petal pink blending pens. The leaf was colored with the dark-shaded spruce blending pen and the light parakeet party blending pen. The balloon was colored with real red blending pens.

Step Five: Using my paper snips, I cut out the elephant, leaf, and balloon images. To make it easier for yourself, there is the Elephant Parade Bundle, which is the stamp set and the die cuts.  I just don't have the die cuts.

Step Six: I stamped the punched pieces with the letters that spelled birthday.

Step Seven: Using the Stampin Dimensionals, I first placed the layered sheet on top of the card base, Then the colored images and punches.

Now you are ready to say, "Happy Birthday Sweet one!"

Thanks for joining me today!  Check out my video to see how this card was made.  If you wish to purchase anything, go to my shop, or click on the image(s) below that you are interested in.  Doing so will take you straight to my shop.

Happy Stamping!


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Packing Tape Technique

 I'm always looking for a variety of techniques to share with you and I recently learned of one through a team member.  All you need is ...