Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Pretty Pillowbox Dies

 Today I'm working with one of our die cuts that is featured on page 9 in our July-December 2021 Mini Catalog.  It is the Pretty Pillowbox Dies. 


This set of dies make a cute and creative gift to share with friends and family during this Christmas season and at any other time of the year.  I see these as Birthday treats, shower or wedding favors, teacher treats even.  Teacher's could even use this to make treats for their class.  These boxes can be used to put together little thank you gifts or thinking of you gifts.  There are a variety of uses and you may come up with some great ideas of your own!

Below you will see three  pillow boxes put together:

1) with the dies and our Frosted Gingerbread stamp set--using some of the Gingerbread and Peppermint designer series paper, old olive and real red stamp pads, and real red ribbon. 


2) Using the same die set, I made a "plain" pillow box, with one of the edge dies to create a lacy look. I used our Bermuda Bay and Pool Party Cardstock.


3) Using our Shaded Spruce and Real Red cardstock I made this pillow box with the same die set.  I dressed up the box with our Pearl Basic Jewels and Glittered Organdy Ribbon.  The ribbon is new and is found on page 37 of our Mini Catalog.  Before assembling the box, I cut out a set of holes on the top and bottom of the pillow box.  I then adhered the poinsettia plants with some glue dots, and added the pearl basic jewels.  I assembled the pillow box and then inserted the ribbon through the bottom holes and then the top holes (one end of the ribbon through each hole) closing the top and tying a bow.



I'm sure you could come up with a variety of ways to dress up your pillow boxes as well.  If you do, send me some pictures!  I will include them in my posts!
                   





No comments:

Post a Comment

Packing Tape Technique

 I'm always looking for a variety of techniques to share with you and I recently learned of one through a team member.  All you need is ...