Saturday, September 4, 2021

Gingerbread & Peppermint Suite

The Gingerbread and Peppermint Suite is scrumptiously inviting!  It reminds me so much of Christmas time and is a blast to create with!  With the colorful DSP, and Kraft paper, the fun stamps, dies and the acrylic shaker pieces. Whether you are making a Christmas card or a cookie creation, you will enjoy the flavorful creations with this suite, found on pages 8-9 of our 2001 July-December Mini Catalog.  Added to this suite is our Pretty Pillow Dies, which were presented in an earlier post. 

Cutting out images from the Designer Series Paper I was able to create the following:

     
            
By using the Kraft paper, I cut out cookie shapes.  I then took a blending brush and brushed over the sides of the cookies with our Early Espresso Ink, to make them look like they came from the oven.  Using the more intricate dies I cut out the shape designs in white and glued those on top to give the icing effect.  This made the sentiment very realistic for this card.

                                                        

Using extra accessories such as the Wink of Stella, our Wonderful White felt-like paper, the Acrylic Shakers, and our Tailor Made Tag Dies, I put together a variety of gift tags for ideas to make at Christmas time.


That concludes my Gingerbread and Peppermint Suite introduction. I think I am finally caught up on all of my projects.  This next week we will be looking at the freebies you can gather from purchasing during our Sale a Bration period.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Packing Tape Technique

 I'm always looking for a variety of techniques to share with you and I recently learned of one through a team member.  All you need is ...