Thursday, September 9, 2021

Team Challenge--Accessories

For the month of September, my team leader has put together a team challenge called the Stamping A - B - C challenge.  We are encouraged to make 10 projects throughout the month.  We have choices, per letter and the first one, being the letter A we have the option of accessories or alphabet.

Since I don't have the alphabet in a stamp set, nor dies, I have chosen to go with accessories.  Accessories are the finishing touches that are added to a card to make them "pop."  It can be ribbon, embellishments, or something that stands out a bit because of the use of dimensionals.  It can be blending brushes or pens, etc.

I have chosen for this challenge to do all my cards in a Fall or Christmas theme as we are now getting into the holiday season.  Soon we will find colors of leaves falling to the ground and as of Halloween, children will start making their Christmas gift wish list.

I have chosen to use the Delicate Dahlias stamp set for today's card.  It was one of the free items that are given when there is an order of $100.00 or more.  It is found on pages 14-15 of our Sale A Bration Brochure. 


Our Sale A Bration ends the 30th of this September, so don't miss out on a great opportunity to get some free product!  Shop at my store and put my name down as your demonstrator.  Place your order and within 7-10 business days you will have your order and free product!  

The Delicate Dahlias Stamp Set has two sets of stamps.  One that is an outline of the Dahlia, and one that fills in the color of the Dahlia. 

    

You can use the outline only and color it with blending pens, colored pencils, etc., but for this project, I chose to use the other stamp to fill in the color of each flower.  This is called the two-step process of stamping.

For this project I used a 5-/1/2" x 8-1/2" sheet of Early Espresso Cardstock and 2-4" x 5-1/4" of Basic White Cardstock.  The colors I used for the Dahlias are Cinnamon Cider, Bumble Bee, Cajun Craze, Evening Evergreen, Soft Succulent, Garden Green, Old Olive, and for the sentiment--Early Espresso.

I started by stamping the outlined images on the front white card and on the inside white card.  Then I filled in each outline with the coordinating colors.  My final step of stamping was the sentiment.

My added accessories were placing some Wink of Stella on the center Dahlia, to help it be a focal point to the card.  I then glued each of the white cards to the Early Espresso base. To finish up the card, I placed a Champagne Rhinestone on each Dahlia, both on the outside and the inside.


There it is team!  My first card for this challenge!  Watch my video to see how it was all put together!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Packing Tape Technique

 I'm always looking for a variety of techniques to share with you and I recently learned of one through a team member.  All you need is ...