Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Tickled Tuesday - Joseph's Coat Technique

 This card was a lot of fun and gave an interesting "twist" of making a card.  I found it to be easier to do than what it looked.

The colors I used in this card were Early Espresso, Old Olive, Real Red Merry, Merlot, Pumpkin Pie and Melody Mango.  I used some of our gold foil, our white twine and the Gorgeous Leaves stamp set, with the Intricate Leaves dies.  I also used versa mark stamp ink, my blending brushes, my clear embossing powder and my Stampin' Up! embossing heat gun.

I took a 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" piece of Early Espresso, scored at 4-1/4".  Then I cut a white piece and a gold piece that were cut 5-1/4" x 4".  The white piece I stamped a leaf twice in one corner with Old Olive. That became the inside of my card, so I adhered that.  The gold piece I laid aside while I took the white piece and using my blending brushes I painted spots of the paper with the different colors.

Next I took the stamps of three leaves and stamped them with the Versa Mark.  This is a clear stamp and when applied to the card, I could see the stamps shine a little bit, so I could see where I had placed them.  

When I completed that step, I took my clear embossing powder  and covered the piece I had stamped all over.  When I brushed away the excess powder you could see where the Versa Mark showed.  I then took my embossing heat gun and heated up the powdered spots until they were clear.  From there, I took my Early Espresso ink and with a paper towel I dabbed and rubbed in the ink all over the area, completely covering it.  In doing so, the leaves appeared in the different colors while everything in between was covered in the dark brown.

The next step was to adhere that to the gold piece.  Then I wrapped around those two pieces about 16-30 inches of white twine, tying a bow to one side.  I trimmed the ends.  Then I put the maple leaf die cut through my Stampin' Up! Cut and Embossing machine.  I cut that in olive green cardstock.  

After adhering what I had just completed to the front of my card base.  I took some glue dots and adhered the die cut to the front end. 


You can see the entire process in my Tickled Tuesday video.

Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to subscribe and comment below to let me know you have joined me!  Have a great Tuesday!


took heated my emobs

1 comment:

Packing Tape Technique

 I'm always looking for a variety of techniques to share with you and I recently learned of one through a team member.  All you need is ...