Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Tickled Tuesday -- the Kissing Technique

 No!  It's not kissing like we know it.  However, they do say opposites attract and I took two stamps that are very different from each other to do this card.

The colors used are:

  • The base of the card is Pacific Point, 5-1/2" x 4-1/4"
  • The middle layer is Pattern Party Designer Series Paper 5-1/4" x 4
  • The top layer, basic white, 5" x 3-3/4"
  • The inside of the card, basic white, 5-1/4" x 4"

The stamp ink pads used are Daffodil Delight, Pear Pizzaz, Highland Heather and Black Memento
The sentiment came from the Many Messages stamp set, found on page 42 of the May 2001-April 2001 Annual catalog.

The kissing technique is sooo easy to do!  I used stamp sets Textures and Frames (photopolymer stamps) and Gorgeous Leaves (red cling stamps).  Pictured here are the sets with the specific stamp that I used to do this card.

I took the stamp from the Gorgeous Leaves and used that as my textured stamp.  I would ink that up with the color of choice.  Then I took from the Textures and Frames set, the solid circle.  I pressed the circle against the texture (the two stamps kissed) and I got a completely different look.  The following picture shows the circle as the solid it as and then what it looks like after the stamps have kissed.


I then assembled the card to get a nice, fun birthday card!



Watch how it's done by looking at this 10 minute video!


                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Packing Tape Technique

 I'm always looking for a variety of techniques to share with you and I recently learned of one through a team member.  All you need is ...