Monday, November 29, 2021

Bay Window Fun Fold

 My second post is in regards to the Bay Window Fun Fold Card.  This one took a bit to put together, but once it was done, I absolutely loved it!  It is so cool!


To make this you will need:

  • Card base of 4-1/4 x 11, scored on the long side at 3/8, 1-7/8, 3-5/8, 5-1/8, 5-1/2.  I used Basic Gray
  • You will need some Designer Series Paper, 4-1/8 x 6 - cut 1-5/8 off the end.  Then cut in the same direction pieces that measure 1-3/8, 1-5/8, 1-3/8 (x 4-1/8 in height)
  • Then choose a second DSP where you will cut 1/4 x 4-1/8.  
  • 3-1/2 x 4-1/8 of white cardstock
  • scrap paper for sentiment

I chose the Peaceful Place DSP for both my directional pieces and patterned pieces.

  • The 1-5/8 X 4-1/8 piece that was cut off the end of the DSP is adhered to the inside of the card, along the end.  
  • Cardstock choice cut at 3-1/2 by 4-1/8 is adhered on the inside of the card to write your note.  I also had cut out one of the cabin images and adhered that to the note card.
  • Adhere the 1/4 strips to both sides of the outside of the card (inside the 3/8ths score line).  Then take your directional DSP pieces and place them within the score lines on the top/outside of the card.  

Take your sentiment and place it in the middle of your card.  I chose one of the seasonal labels die and I placed silver metallic pearls on it for an embellishment.  I also cut out with the layering circle dies, a scalloped circle. This was adhered to the inside edge of the card with dimensionals.  I placed a gray granite shimmer ribbon on top of it with a glue dot.  The circle allows the end of the top side of the card to tuck under it when it is opened to create the bay window.



Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Packing Tape Technique

 I'm always looking for a variety of techniques to share with you and I recently learned of one through a team member.  All you need is ...