Thursday, November 4, 2021

Simple Sunday - Marble Technique

 This past month I've been introduced to several card making techniques. It's been fun learning all the new designs out there to make cards.  This one is no exception.  You will first need to choose the colors you wish to work with.  In this example I chose colors that were a part of the Tidings and Trimmings Suite, found on page 89 of the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog.  I used specifically Cherry Cobbler, Evening Evergreen, Soft Succulent and Basic White.

You will need a base that is 5-12/" x 8-1/2", scored at 4-1/4", I chose to use Cherry Cobbler

You can choose to use a DSP with this, or just a sheet of colored cardstock.  I went with:

  • 5-1/4" x 4" Tidings and Trimming Designer Series Paper
  • 5" x 3-3/4" Evening Evergreen
  • A label die or punch label for you sentiment.  I chose a die from the Seasonal Labels and die cut it in Basic White
  • You will also need a 5-1/4" x 4" Basic White for the inside of your card.
After folding your base card in half, adhere the Basic White card inside.
You will then adhere the Designer Series Paper (DSP) to the front of your base.

In a shallow container that has a lid you will place about four drops of the color of your choice.  I used my Soft Succulent refill. I placed three marbles in with the ink and swirled them around.  

On the lid, I placed my Evening Evergreen piece of cardstock, adhering it with one swipe of my Stampin' Seal on both ends. Then I placed the lid over the container, tipped it upside down and shook it to make a design on the cardstock.  I stopped a couple of times to look at it, to see if I wanted to shake it some more, or if I was happy with the design as is.  I then put that aside to dry and cleaned my marbles and container immediately.

It dries fast, so I was able to seal my design on top of the DSP sheet right away.  I then took a stamp with a sentiment I liked and with my Cherry Cobbler Stampin' Pad I stamped my sentiment on the label I had cut out.  

I then adhered the label to my marble design, added embellishments and stood in awe at how lovely the card turned out.  So simple, yet so beautiful!

Be sure to give this one a try and enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Packing Tape Technique

 I'm always looking for a variety of techniques to share with you and I recently learned of one through a team member.  All you need is ...