Sunday, September 17, 2023

Homemade Hug

I think you will understand when I mention the fact it seems this world has lost its love for each other.  I don't mean just different races, but I also refer to our family and friends. When was the last time you were in contact with those you love?  Social Media is a great way to be connected, but in many ways, it also has disconnected us. Whether we want to admit it or not, we all long for the handshake, the hug, the personal/face-to-face laughter, and the conversations. It saddens me when Christmas comes around, and many are left alone because no one even sent something as simple as a card to say, "I'm thinking of you this holiday." It used to be that a special card or letter sent in the mail was so exciting to receive, and we felt loved and appreciated by the sender!  It was personal and not shared with the rest of the world to see or read. That personal moment is why I do what I do.  I love to send cards to let my loved ones know they've been on my mind and my prayers have been for them. 

Today is no exception.  The card I am sharing today is a special way to say, "I love you".  It's very easy to make and a lot of fun to put together! Here's what you will need:

PAPER

  • Base Card: Sweet Sorbet Cardstock 4-1/4" X 11", scored at 5-1/2"
  • Basic White:
    • 5-1/4 X 4" Inside Layer
    • 2-1/8" X 1-1/2" for the Easel Picture
    • 2" X 1-1/2" for the sentiment
    • scratch piece for the brushes
  • Early Espresso Cardstock 4" X 3"
  • Shaded Spruce 2-1/4" x 1-3/4" 
  • Holographic Trio 12" X 12" Specialty Paper

STAMPS & BUNDLES

  • Crafting With You Bundle

INK & COLORS

  • Real Red Stampin' Blends Combo Pack
  • Shaded Spruce Blends Combo Pack
  • Early Espresso Classic Stampin' Pad
  • Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad
  • Shaded Spruce Classic Stampin' Pad
  • Sweet Sorbet Classic Stampin' Pad
  • Watercolor Pencils
ADHESIVES
  • Multipurpose Liquid Glue
  • Stampin' Seal
  • Stampin' Dimensionals

TOOLS

  • Bone Folder
  • Paper Trimmer
  • Mini Cut & Emboss Machine


Check out my YouTube Video to see exactly how it is put together.  Take a look at my shop and click on Shop Now to get your products today!  Or, you can click on any of the products below and it will take you straight to my shop to order what you want.  Thanks for joining me today!  Have a great weekend! Happy Stamping!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Packing Tape Technique

 I'm always looking for a variety of techniques to share with you and I recently learned of one through a team member.  All you need is ...