Monday, September 20, 2021

Team Challenge - G - Gift card Holder

 We all have someone who would appreciate a gift card from their favorite place.  Today's post covers another  letter of my team challenge - "G" for Gift Card Holder.  I made two cards.  I used the following colors:  Cherry Cobbler, Soft Succulent, Evening Evergreen, and Misty Moonlight. I used the Wintry 3D Embossing Folder Set, found on page 155 of our annual catalog.  I also used the Designer Series Paper, and the Tidings and Trimmings Bundle from page 89 of our annual catalog. (The tidings and trimmings stamp set and the Christmas Trimmings die set). I also used a few items from our July-December 2021 Mini Catalog: Snowy White 12" x 12" Velvety Sheets, found on page 37, and the Be Dazzling 6" x 6" Specialty Paper which was offered free in our Sale a Bration Brochure, page 3.

I started off with both card bases made from Cherry Cobbler cardstock, 6-3/8" x 4-3/8".  I took an envelope that was 6-1/2" x 4-/1/2" in size.  I folded it in half.  I then cut the flap down the middle where the fold was.  Looking at the envelope with the fold and flap towards me, I trimmed the inside of the left flap down so when the card was folded inside, there wasn't a lot of "bunching up" of the paper.  I then glued the left flap down.  I also cut the sticky - adhesive part on the right - hand flap.  Then I stamped a message from the Tidings and Trimmings stamp set on that flap. (this is the side the gift card will go in. In one card, I stamped a series of stars with soft succulent, to decorate the inside. The other card I left blank, just to show the variety of what can be done. 


Next I folded the envelope back in half, cut a 16" ribbon.  I placed the ribbon around the envelope leaving the ends open on the side where the fold was not.  The ribbon was then adhered to both sides of the envelope.  

I took a 2-1/8" x 3-2/8" of Basic White cardstock, and a 4-2/8" x 3-1/8" of Designer Series Paper.  I embossed the cardstock with a Wintry 3D embossing folder. I took a blending brush, tapping it in the ink pad I was using (soft succulent or misty moonlight) and lightly brushed over the embossment.  When I was done I adhered the cardstock to the DSP.

Next I had cut out some images from the Christmas Trimmings dies set out of the BE Dazzing paper and the Trimmings and Tidings DSP.  On the stocking gift card holder, I also cut out some stocking from the Snowy White Velvety Sheets and cut off the top to adhere to the DSP stockings so that they had a soft feel to them.  I placed all my cut outs on the cards using Dimensionals (page 167 AC).  I added an extra touch my using our Holiday Rhinestones and Metallic Pearls on each card.  My leader thought they were "super cute!" and so do I.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Packing Tape Technique

 I'm always looking for a variety of techniques to share with you and I recently learned of one through a team member.  All you need is ...