Monday, June 27, 2022

Whitewash Technique

I had so much fun with the Abigail Rose Suite and the lesson of the new technique:  Whitewash

I cased this card from watching a demonstrator, Lisa Freeman's Video, and from the Annual Catalog, page 58.

Here are the dimensions of everything:

  • Base: 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" Smoky Slate, scored at 4-1/4
  • Layer: 4" x 5-1/4" Smoky Slate
  • Inside: 4" x 5-1/4" Basic White
  • Scraps: 1/4" x 2-3/4" of Designer Series Paper, 1/2" x 2" Basic White for sentiment

Using the Cottage Rose Stamp Set I stamped in Smoky Slate the large flower all over the layer, creating a nice background.  

Using a White crafting ink refill and a blending pen, I colored in the flower, working around the shaded areas that the stamp created.  I used my Granny Apple Green blending pens to color the leaves, and my Light Melon Mambo Blending Pen for the small flowers.

I cut out a single flower from the Cottage Flower Die Cuts using my Mini Cut and Emboss Machine,  With my trimmer I cut a strip of gray DSP and a strip of Basic White Cardstock.


This suite includes the Cottage Flower Dies and a canvas ribbon that can be stamped upon.  Here are a couple of examples:

Here are a couple of other cards I made with the Abigail Rose Suite:

In this card, I used Petal Pink Cardstock for the base, layered with Early Espresso Cardstock and then with some Abigal Designer Series Paper.  The sentiment was stamped on Basic White Cardstock and colored with Petal Pink Blending Combo Pens, stamped with Early Espresso Ink.  Topped off with Early Espresso Faux Suede Trim and Embellishments.

This card to the right,  I used Crumbcake Cardstock and Ink.  I used some Abigal Designer Series Paper and with Garden Green Ink I stamped on the Natural Finish Ribbon and the sentiment.  I used water colored pencils to color in the picture of the rose.


Check out my video to learn more about this suite and how the whitewash technique is done.
I would love to be your demonstrator. If you wish to purchase this suite, you can go to my shop and purchase anything you would like.

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Packing Tape Technique

 I'm always looking for a variety of techniques to share with you and I recently learned of one through a team member.  All you need is ...